So you have applied for applied for new credit card and are looking forward to track SBI Credit card application status. Welcome, you are at the right place.
As per Wikipedia, SBI is one of the top 50 global banks with a balance sheet size of RS 33 trillion, 278,000 employees, 420 million customers, and more than 24,000 branches and 59,000 ATMs. SBI’s market share is 22 percent. It has 198 offices in 37 countries; 301 correspondents in 72 countries.The company is ranked 232nd on the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations as of 2016.
How much time does SBI(State Bank of India) takes to process my credit card application.
Please note that it may take up to 48 hours for your application status to be updated after you have applied for State Bank of India Credit Card.
Whether you applied online(through their website/netbanking etc) or offline(by filling out forms with pen), it can take some time to process your application. Typically, it takes around 2-3 weeks for the credit card to reach your registered address after you apply for the SBI credit card. Even if your application for credit card is instantly approved or pre-approved, even then it takes around 1-2 weeks for your credit card to reach you.
How to track SBI credit card application status:
The waiting period can make you really impatient, so you can track SBI credit card application status to keep yourself posted and updated. The process to track SBI credit card application is really easy. You just need to have application number with you in order to track your credit card application:
a. Application Number: Application number is numeric code available on the acknowledgment copy of SBI Credit Card application form.(Please note that it may take up to 48 hours for your form number/application status to be updated.
b. In case you dont have application number, then you should have Date of birth, Pan Card, Form Number to track the application.
Once you have this info, follow these steps to check the status of your credit card application
1. Go to https://www.sbicard.com/ Refer this screenshot for details:
2. Click on radio button for “Check the status of your application”
3. Click the Track button.
4. Now you should be able to see the exact status of your credit card application.
5. In case you dont have the correct application number, then you can select radio button for “Retrieve Application”
6. Fill in you DOB(Date of Birth) and Pan Card number.
7. Click Retrieve button.
8. You will get the status of your SBI credit card application status.
9. In case you are unable to check the stauts online, then you can call the SBI Card helpline on 39 02 02 02 (prefix your city code) or 1860 180 1290, 1800 180 1290 (only for MTNL and BSNL users)
So we saw that the procedure to track the status of the SBI credit card is quite simple and straightforward. But if you have any difficulty checking the status, you can share your details in the comment section and we will check the status for you.